Study in Taiwan Learning plus Adventure


There are different ways to apply for admission to Taiwan universities. The application procedure depends on which subject you would like to study and your country of origin. Requirements and application deadlines can vary from university to university, and also from degree program to degree program.

【Entry Requirements】

International students who meet the following requirements are eligible to apply:

1. Nationality requirements

  • - International Student: An individual of foreign nationality, who has never held nationality status from the Republic of China (“ROC”) and who does not possess an overseas Chinese student status at the time of his/her application is qualified to apply for admission. For detailed regulations, please refer to the Ministry of Education’s Regulations for International Students Undertaking Studies in Taiwan”.

  • - Overseas Chinese Student: Student of Chinese descent who has come to Taiwan to study, who was born and lived overseas until the time of application, or who has been living overseas for six or more consecutive years in the immediate past and obtained permanent or long-term residency status overseas is qualified and must apply for admission through the “University Entrance Committee for Overseas Chinese Students”.

2. Academic qualifications requirements: Students with a high school diploma are eligible to apply for undergraduate programs; students with a Bachelor’s degree are eligible to apply for Master programs; and students with a Master’s degree are eligible to apply for PhD programs.

【Documents for Submission】

1. Application forms

2. Photocopies of the original graduation diploma (if the original is not in English or Chinese, an English or Chinese translation must be provided)

3. Financial statement

4. Letters of recommendation

5. Application fee

6. Other documents required by the university or college


Every university in Taiwan has an Office of International Affair. They provide advice and support for international students and also are response for admission enrollment. Furthermore information, please contact Office of International Affair. In our database you may find the contact information

> search