- Kaohsiung Medical University
Hi, This is Balaji Ganesan from India and I am pursuing 2nd year Ph.D. chemistry in the Department of Medicinal and Applied Chemistry, Kaohsiung Medical University in Kaohsiung.
1. What made you decide to study in Taiwan?
In Taiwan, we can find most of the universities having good academic, teaching as well as research development in the science and medicine areas. Much more funding scheme is available for students and we can do most of the programs with less amount of fee compared with other country institution. Also, people here have a good behavior in their attitudes.
2. Briefly tell us about the program you are studying. What subjects are you studying? What have you enjoyed the most in your studies?
I am doing 4 years duration course - Ph.D. degree program in Chemistry and I am interested to do my studies and research in organic chemistry.
3. How is studying in Taiwan when compared to studying and being a student in your home country? (Teaching Quality、Environment、School Equipment、Laboratory or others)
Here I felt a good infrastructure and well-equipped laboratory. Teaching quality is better along with good professional faculty.
4. What has been the most difficult part about applying to study in Taiwan? How did you overcome the difficulty?
When I was applying for Taiwan VISA that time I got some difficulties on the type of visa. I overcome those difficulties with help from my friends and local people from Taiwan.
5. What do you plan to do after you have finish your studies in Taiwan? Would you like to stay in Taiwan? Why?
After my studies, I would have an idea to stay in Taiwan and continue my further higher studies. Because I feel better and free of mind without any disturbance.
6. How do you think studying in Taiwan can benefit you in your future career?
Once graduate here, we can find a lot of career in all kind of fields and I hope that my future career will be here only.
7. What do you see as your key achievements when studying in Taiwan?
Good experiment skills and research publications are the key achievement of mine.
8. What advice do you have for other interested overseas students who want to come to Taiwan to study?
I will advise to those who are interested to do their studies in Taiwan, come and join you will earn good knowledge in all of the things.